What BED Companies covered under this policy?
This policy covers the following Blue Earth Diagnostics companies and entities:
|Short Name||Full Name|
|BED Ltd.||Blue Earth Diagnostics Ltd.|
|BED IRL||Blue Earth Diagnostics Ireland Ltd.|
|BED Inc.||Blue Earth Diagnostics Inc.|
This policy is for this website, which is provided by Blue Earth Diagnostics Ltd. and governs the privacy of its users who choose to use it.
Blue Earth Diagnostics Ltd. is the data controller of your personal information that it receives through blueearthdx.com. The registered address is Magdalen Centre, Robert Robinson Avenue, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4GA, UK.
How we collect your information
- When you visit our Website
- If you contact us directly via our website (Contact Form) or by phone to request information on our products and services (e.g. request a reader training session)
- If you reply to our direct marketing campaigns (e.g. filling in a response or contact form)
- If you report an adverse event to us
- When we scan your badge at our symposia
- When you register to receive information on goods and services (e.g. marketing)
What Information may be collected from you
We may collect various types of information from you, including:
- Contact Details
- Name, Address, phone numbers, email address
- Sales and Services Information
- Relating to purchases and services, including complaints
- Website and Communication Usage
- Computer Browser Type and operating system, websites you visited before and after visiting our websites, standard server log information, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and mobile phone operating system.
If you are under 16 please do not provide information to us, unless you have the permission of a parent to do so.
How we use your information
By providing your personal information, you agree that, where local law or where you have agreed to receiving these communications from us, we may use the information:
- to respond to your requests
- to improve our level of service
- to improve the content of our communications
- to consider your application for employment
- for our own administrative and quality assurance purposes
- for other purposes that may be detailed on the website or mobile application
- for compliance with legal requests for your information (e.g. to comply with our legal obligations to law enforcement, regulators and the Court Service)
Legal Grounds for processing of your personal information
The use of your information set out above is permitted under UK and EU data protection law on the following legal grounds:
- Where you have consented to the use (you will have been presented with a consent form and you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the DPO – please see the Contact Section )
- Where necessary to enter into or perform a contract with you
- Where we need to use the information to comply with our legal obligations
- Where we have a legitimate interest for using your information
How we protect your information
We have implemented technical and organisation security measures to protect your personal information against manipulation, loss, destruction and access by third parties.
When we use a third-party service provider, that provider will be carefully selected and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
Sharing information with third parties
We may share your personal information with our affiliates, contractors and agents in the normal course of business for delivery of the activities to which you have agreed. Unless otherwise specified on the website or mobile application, we will not sell or rent personal information to other third parties, except that your personal information may be transferred to a third party in the event that the business of this site or a part of it and the customer data connected with it is sold, assigned or transferred.
Sometimes we use selected third parties to provide support services in connection with our websites, mobile applications or in the normal course of business. These parties may, from time to time, have access to your information to enable them to provide those services to us. We require all companies providing such support services to meet the same standards of data protection as our own. They are prohibited from using the information for their own purposes. In particular, we do not allow service providers to use your personal information for their own marketing activities.
Information from outside sources
Where permitted by local law, we may also collect legally obtained information from third parties to add to our existing user databases. Some of this information may be personal information. We do this to better target information offerings and promotional campaigns in which we think you would be interested. Such information will only be collected and used by us in accordance with the basis on which it was originally provided by the subject, or as otherwise permitted by local law.
Following a link to another website
Although this website only looks to include safe and relevant links to external websites, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. This Privacy Statement does not apply to those websites. If you choose to enter such a linked site, you agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites and do not review or endorse and shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for:
- how these websites treat your personal information
- the content of such websites
- the use that others make of these websites.
Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
How long we keep your personal information for
Blue Earth Diagnostics Ltd. will retain your information for as long as needed and only for the purpose for which we obtained them. Our retention periods are based on business needs and legal requirements and information that is no longer needed is destroyed securely.
Correcting and Updating Your Information
Upon request Blue Earth Diagnostics Ltd, will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to all requests for access, to correct inaccurate data, update information, or delete information within 30 business days.
Blue Earth Diagnostics Ltd.
Data Protection Officer
The Oxford Science Park
Robert Robinson Avenue
Oxford, OX4 4GA
Last Updated: May 2019