At Blue Earth Diagnostics, our mission is to transform the clinical management of patients with cancer by developing and delivering innovative molecular imaging technologies to address unmet clinical needs and reliably inform diagnosis and treatment decisions.
Our team is made up of industry leaders and experts in the field of radiopharmaceuticals development and commercialization.
Blue Earth Diagnostics is a subsidiary of Bracco Imaging S.p.A., a global leader in diagnostic imaging.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, Blue Earth Diagnostics, Inc. (BED Inc), the VP, Patient Access & Healthcare Policy provides oversight and direction to the patient access team and advocacy strategy for BED. This includes planning and execution of strategy for coverage, coding, and payment to ensure reimbursement by various payers; development of relationships with patient advocacy groups and professional societies to ensure awareness and adoption of our product; and development of a government relations strategy to ensure continued adequate payment levels. The VP, Patient Access & Advocacy also serves as an internal consultant or subject matter expert to Marketing, Medical Affairs, BED or PETNET Sales, and other aspects of the business as needed. The incumbent and team will also represent BED in industry groups to help attain our goals of sustained adequate reimbursement, as well as professional society committee work, as appropriate.
The VP, Patient Access & Advocacy is a part of a team of high-level senior professionals that range among individual contributors, managers, and team leaders, with “dotted line” reporting structures as appropriate to assure fluid communications and respective accountabilities. The incumbent will develop a growth-strategy to meet critical success factors to support growth of our products.
Candidates will be comfortable working in a small start-up environment and will have led high performance organizations in accomplishing stretch objectives in a quick-paced, patient focused culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setting the patient advocacy, reimbursement, and government affairs strategies for BED products, to include successful US product launch and adoption of future products and/or indications.
- Lead Field Reimbursement and Payer Relations teams to educate customers and payers on BED products and processes to ensure adequate coverage and reimbursement.Oversee external reimbursement consultancy to ensure accurate, thorough, and timely responses to callers.
- Execute government relations strategy to reform the way diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals are reimbursed for Medicare beneficiaries in the hospital setting; coordinate with industry groups and professional societies to strengthen voice.
- With the Payer Relations and Field Reimbursement teams:
- Develop and execute of coverage strategy for local Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs), Medicare Advantage Plans, Commercial Payers, and Radiology Benefits Managers (RBMs) to ensure positive coverage decisions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with CMS and all payers to enable quick resolution of challenges as they arise.
- Identify and address customer needs through educational material, teleconferences, articles, and web conferences.
- Create and update reimbursement educational materials for the BED Sales and Medical Affairs teams, PETNET Sales team, BED Consultants, and Customers, both referrers and providers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with patient advocacy groups to ensure accurate information is disseminated about our product; identify needs of patients; and access the voice of the patient for advocacy needs.
- Develop long-term patient advocacy plan to provide value and partner on important projects.
- Work collaboratively with Medical Affairs, Marketing, Sales, Strategic Accounts, Compliance, etc., to provide expertise and assistance wherever possible.
- Other duties as determined by business need.
To perform the job successfully the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills & Ethics – A natural focus on “team”, with a resourceful and collaborative approach to working. Treats people with respect; inspires and earns the trust of others; conducts all activities with integrity while observing all relevant laws, regulations, ethical standards and conventions.
- Oral and Written Communication – Actively listens and responds effectively to questions; leads effective meetings; able to effectively prepare and then communicate options and recommendations pertaining to reports, reporting improvements, and overall CRM-system considerations for the betterment of the team.
- Cost Consciousness & Organizational Support – Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources and offers suggestions on how to accomplish individual and business goals more efficiently and effectively at lower costs. Observes policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks consistent with company policies and on time; supports organizational goals and values; contributes to evolving culture.
- Planning/Organizing & Dependability – Is highly organized; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives with realistic action plans; proactively checks self against objectives and modifies as needed.
- Initiative & Innovation- Undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed. Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work.
- Master’s Degree and 15+ years of experience in Healthcare or related field. 10+ years of experience in the field of healthcare reimbursement, patient advocacy, or team leadership, preferably in nuclear medicine space. Additional successful experience with building relationships a plus.
- Experience in government relations with knowledge of nuances of nuclear medicine reimbursement is preferred.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel.
- Proven ease and professionalism when working closely with executives, C-level and Board of Director levels.
- Excellent oral / written communication and platform skills. Ability to influence and build relationships / earn credibility quickly across broad global constituencies with competing priorities.
- Strong coaching, facilitation, and organizational skills; team player. Experience and skills with cross-functional and highly matrixed organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop self; build high performance teams and develop others.
- Qualified candidate must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter with the title of this job in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining:
- Why this role appeals to you
- How your background and skills are suited to this role
- Blue Earth Diagnostics offers competitive compensation for high-caliber candidates.
Blue Earth Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ethnic/national origin, military and/or Veteran status, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation or medical condition in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws