Reports To: Director of Sales and Marketing, Blue Earth Diagnostics Inc.
At Blue Earth Diagnostics, our mission is to transform the clinical management of patients with cancer by developing innovative molecular imaging technologies. Our team is made up of industry leaders in the field of radiopharmaceutical development and commercialization. Blue Earth Diagnostics is a dynamic and growing company with an approved product already on the market in the USA and in Europe. Blue Earth Diagnostics is backed by Syncona plc, an investment company listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, the Regional Sales Manager for Blue Earth Diagnostics Inc. will be responsible for sales activities related to an FDA approved radiopharmaceutical within an assigned geography. The candidate is responsible for promoting Axumin™ for the Glioma indication, developing opportunities, growing and maintaining product utilization among targeted healthcare providers and administrators that are evaluating and managing individuals with brain tumors. The Regional Sales Manager will be expected to manage a diverse range of customers (Neuro Oncologists, Neuroradiologists, Neurosurgeons, and Radiation Oncologists) via multiple settings (hospital, clinics, and specialty care environments).
This position will also manage thought leader development across the customer arena, facilitate flawless collaboration and communication between all customers, understand and convey patient flow and referral networks across all physicians involved in evaluation and treatment decisions. This is a prelaunch opportunity where the candidate will have the ability to influence commercialization of this new indication.
The candidate will actively partner with our PET manufacturing partner/distributor servicing their respective geographies. The candidate will be held accountable for learning and maintaining a standard level of job knowledge related to their responsibilities, the product(s) they promote and relevant disease state.
The candidate may also represent Blue Earth Diagnostics at appropriate venues such as medical professional conferences, distributor meetings, internal company events, etc. The candidate represents the company in a professional manner at all times and comply with all legal and regulatory guidelines.
Candidates will be comfortable working in a small start-up environment and will have led high performance organizations in accomplishing stretch objectives in a quick-paced, patient focused culture
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate is charged with performing the following duties:
- Develop and implement a territory plan including strategies, customer prioritization and targeting, territory call plan, messaging, and measuring performance.
- Takes ownership for the territory business development strategy that includes referring physician specialties (Neuro Oncologists, Neuroradiologists, Neurosurgery, and Radiation Oncologists), hospital or independent PET imaging centers, and authorized suppliers.
- Actively partner with Marketing leadership on the development and execution of key strategies.
- Take responsibility for achieving defined product sales forecast.
- Must be a self-starter that is willing to take initiative.
- Work as a teammate with Blue Earth Diagnostics employees and colleagues at PETNET solutions, our manufacturing partner, to drive sales and sharing best practices, product knowledge, competitive intelligence, and compelling product messaging.
- Communicate frequently with Director of Sales and Marketing regarding progress, accomplishments, needs, and key observations related to the product, competitive products/approaches, and market dynamics.
- Develop productive, professional business relationships within institutions with all key prospective product users and purchasing influencers.
- Understand and comply with all provider institutional policies related to access and the introduction, education, evaluation, and usage of new pharmaceutical products (e.g.: formulary, vendor access).
- Understand and comply with all policies within each individual institution which govern the activities of sales representatives.
- Conduct all activities within defined expense budget
- Maintain the highest level of compliance, using only approved and current sales materials and messages
- Be very familiar with and observe all pharmacovigilance policies and procedures. Ensure that any product adverse events are reported promptly and through the appropriate channels.
- Learn, pass all assessments and maintain a standard level of knowledge related to assigned job responsibilities including product and disease state knowledge.
- Proactively identifies key issues and delivers efficient responses to business development opportunities.
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned.
To perform the job successfully the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on meeting the customers’ needs; maintains confidentiality; seeks and incorporates external opinion and insight.
- Oral Communication – Speaks persuasively in positive or negative situations; actively listens and responds effectively to questions; demonstrates effective group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; adjusts writing style to meet needs of recipients; presents scientific, promotional, numerical and other analytical data effectively.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources and offers suggestions on how to accomplish individual and business goals more efficiently and effectively at lower costs.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; inspires and earns the trust of others; conducts all activities with integrity; upholds organizational values; observes all relevant laws, regulations, ethical standards and conventions.
- Organizational Support – Observes policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks consistent with company policies and on time; supports organizational goals and values; contributes to evolving culture.
- Motivation – Is results orientated; sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Is highly organized; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans; proactively checks self against objectives and modifies as needed.
- Dependability – Follows instructions and responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; honors commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work and how to improve patients’ lives.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business, health science, or other related field is required; a minimum of 10 – 15 years of proven successful pharmaceutical sales experience or equivalent sales experience. Experience in Neurology, Oncology, Radiopharmaceuticals, and/or the field of diagnostic imaging is desirable.
- The position requires the ability to access and communicate effectively and persuasively with high level medical professionals, such as physicians, administrators and department managers. Frequent domestic travel is required (up to 80% depending on assigned geography).
- Excellent oral / written communication and platform skills. Ability to influence and build relationships / earn credibility quickly across broad global constituencies with competing priorities.
- Strong coaching, facilitation, and organizational skills; team player. Experience and skills with cross-functional and highly matrixed organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop self; build high performance teams and develop others.
- Acceptable driving record will be required.
- Qualified candidate must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter with the title of this job in the subject line to email@example.com outlining:
- Why this role appeals to you
- How your background and skills are suited to this role
Blue Earth Diagnostics offers competitive compensation for high-caliber candidates.
Blue Earth Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ethnic/national origin, military and/or Veteran status, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation or medical condition in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.