Reports To: Chief Financial Officer – US
At Blue Earth Diagnostics, our mission is to transform the clinical management of patients with cancer by developing and delivering innovative molecular imaging technologies to address unmet clinical needs and reliably inform diagnosis and treatment decisions.
Our team is made up of industry leaders and experts in the field of radiopharmaceuticals development and commercialization.
Blue Earth Diagnostics is backed by Syncona Ltd, a life science investment company. Blue Earth Diagnostics Inc, is a wholly-owned US Subsidiary of Blue Earth Diagnostics Ltd, located in Oxford, England.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer – US (CFO), the Bookkeeper will have a direct impact on BED Inc’s transfer of its outsourced Finance function during year one’s start-up year to an in-house function during an exciting growth stage of year two and beyond.
This role will be part of building, operating and managing the financial and accounting function across BED Inc’s business. The Bookkeeper will have responsibility for our general ledger (GL) system, reporting, financial analytics and payment processing / Account Payable management. This critical role will take charge and own the day-to-day management of BED Inc’s transactions within the finance team as we bring in-house and then continue to build and manage or financial and accounting functions.
Candidates will be comfortable working in a small high-growth environment and will be detail-oriented with excellent analytical and prioritization skills in a quick-paced, patient focused culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely processing of accounts payables and weekly check runs.
- Daily processing and monitoring of purchasing process.
- Assist in timely and accurate month-end and year-end closings and support the preparation of all related financial reporting packages.
- Assist with structuring and maintaining QuickBooks (or similar) GL Accounting software; develop any required reporting as the business grows and evolves.
- Verify the integrity and accuracy of the GL by investigating variances, identifying and solving issues, and ensuring that all transactions are accounted for in US GAAP.
- Facilitate gathering and analysis for monthly business meetings, quarterly business reviews and annual audits.
- Coordinate, liaise with, and advise with sales, marketing, medical affairs, patient access, G&A and other functional areas to ensure effective, efficient accounting processes are practiced.
- Take on individual projects as needed; other duties as required.
To perform the job successfully the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills and Ethics – A natural focus on “team”, with a resourceful and collaborative approach to working. Treats people with respect; inspires and earns the trust of others; conducts all activities with integrity while observing all relevant laws, regulations, ethical standards and conventions.
- Oral and Written Communication – Actively listens and responds effectively to questions; leads effective meetings; able to effectively prepare and then communicate options and recommendations pertaining to reports, reporting improvements, and overall CRM-system considerations for the betterment of the team.
- Cost Consciousness and Organizational Support – Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources and offers suggestions on how to accomplish individual and business goals more efficiently and effectively at lower costs. Observes policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks consistent with company policies and on time; supports organizational goals and values; contributes to evolving culture.
- Planning/Organizing and Dependability – Is highly organized; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives with realistic action plans; proactively checks self against objectives and modifies as needed.
- Initiative and Innovation- Undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed. Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- 5-8 years of experience performing in a Bookkeeper role within a small, growing business environment.
- A proven ability to solve problems effectively and collaboratively.
- A reputation for quickly earning and maintaining internal and external credibility across broad global constituencies with competing priorities.
- Knowledge of creating, maintaining and evolving efficient accounting and financial analytics; experience with QuickBooks and QuickBooks analytics.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Qualified candidate must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter with the title of this job in the subject line to email@example.com outlining
- Why this role appeals to you.
- How your background and skills are suited to this role.
Blue Earth Diagnostics offers competitive compensation for high-caliber candidates.
Blue Earth Diagnostics Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ethnic/national origin, military and/or Veteran status, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation or medical condition in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.