At Blue Earth Diagnostics, our mission is to transform the clinical management of patients with cancer by developing innovative molecular imaging technologies. Our team is made up of industry leaders in the field of radiopharmaceutical development and commercialization. Blue Earth Diagnostics is a dynamic and growing company with an approved product already on the market in the USA and in Europe. Blue Earth Diagnostics is backed by Syncona plc, an investment company listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Reporting to the Field Director of Medical Affairs, the Medical Science Liaison II, will represent Blue Earth Diagnostics Inc. (BED) and Axumin. The MSL will develop and maintain long-term, peer-to-peer relationships with critical stakeholders including Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and other health care professionals specializing in prostate cancer in key cancer centers in the US. The MSL will address the identified needs of key stakeholders by providing relevant and compliant medical and scientific support in an effort to ensure appropriate education regarding radiopharmaceuticals, and disease states. Additionally, the MSL will foster local and/or national research and educational opportunities as an extension of BED’s Medical Affairs resources if and when appropriate.
Candidates will be comfortable working in a small start-up environment and will have led high performance organizations in accomplishing stretch objectives in a quick-paced, patient-focused culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintains a Territory Strategy plan and develops KOL engagement:
- Establish BED as a leading medical imaging company committed to the development of precision molecular imaging products.
- Build and strengthen professional relationships with local/regional/national Urology, Oncology, Nuclear Medicine KOLs and with cancer centers of excellence.
- Serve as a key clinical/scientific resource to these specialists/KOLs/cancer centers within assigned geography.
Maintains scientific and clinical expertise:
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of disease state, clinical information, and product data within the diagnostic and radiopharmaceutical arena.
- Identify and develop speakers and advocates for Axumin as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to partner with KOLs and principal investigators on disease state and specific clinical trial initiatives.
- Attend national congresses and meetings and, as requested, provide medical and scientific booth support.
- Professionally represent the company at trade show and conferences, in compliance with industry regulations.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of disease state, imaging techniques, clinical information, and product data within the diagnostic and radiopharmaceutical arena.
- Maintain current clinical and professional certifications.
Drive scientific exchange, internally and externally, and executes Research Initiatives:
- Develop strategies and tactics to effectively communicate complex scientific information.
- Ascertain critical competitive intelligence through one-on-ones, group presentations and attendance at medical meetings and appropriately communicate information back to BED’s senior management.
- Support Clinical/R&D in the identification and facilitation of Investigator Initiated Studies (IISs) and other research initiatives.
- Support medical education initiatives such as speaker development, advisory board support and serve as a resource to review materials for medical accuracy.
Supports Department Operations and Internal Partners:
- Provide technical support and training to field commercial and account teams.
- Develop and deliver product training to customers and maintain customer relationships to optimize product utilization.
- To maintain working knowledge of all the company’s products, providing guidance and information on products and their use to customers and internal groups such as marketing and sales.
- To research and provide full answers to technical enquires liaising with internal experts as required.
- Other duties as determined by business need.
- Adhere to and manage travel and local expenses to meet BED policy.
- Interpersonal Skills and Ethics – A natural focus on “team” with a resourceful and collaborative approach to working. Treats people with respect; inspires and earns the trust of others; conducts all activities with integrity while observing all relevant laws, regulations, ethical standards and conventions.
- Oral and Written Communication – Actively listens and responds effectively to questions; leads effective meetings; able to effectively prepare and then communicate options and recommendations pertaining to reports, reporting improvements, and overall CRM-system considerations for the betterment of the team.
- Cost Consciousness and Organizational Support – Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources and offers suggestions on how to accomplish individual and business goals more efficiently and effectively at lower costs. Observes policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks consistent with company policies and on time; supports organizational goals and values; contributes to evolving culture.
- Planning/Organizing and Dependability – Is highly organized; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives with realistic action plans; proactively checks self against objectives and modifies as needed.
- Initiative and Innovation – Undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed. Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work.
- Advanced clinical/science degree: MD, PA, NP PharmD, PhD or Master’s Level NMT is required
- 3-5+ years of industry MSL or Field Medical experience is required
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience within Oncology/Urology/Nuclear Medicine/Imaging required
- Knowledge of US regulatory, FDA, OIG requirements along with ADVAMED and PhRMA Codes
- Ability to integrate and work in cross functional network
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 70% (approx.10-12 overnights per month)
- Valid driver’s license
- Qualified candidate must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter with the title of this job in the subject line to email@example.com outlining:
- Why this role appeals to you
- How your background and skills are suited to this role
Blue Earth Diagnostics offers competitive compensation for high-caliber candidates.
Blue Earth Diagnostics, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ethnic/national origin, military and/or Veteran status, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation or medical condition in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.